Labels

poems (25) preachy shit (6)

Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Jolly Miller of Dee

There was a jolly miller once
Lived on the River Dee.
He worked and sang from morn' to night
No lark more blithe than he.
And this is burden of his song
Forever used to be,
"I care for nobody, no, not I,
If nobody cares for me.

I love my mill,
It is to me like parent, child and wife.
I would not change my station now
With anyone in life."
And this the burden of his song
Forever used to be,
"I care for nobody, no, not I,
If nobody cares for me."

This is the bastardized version of this lovely song we were taught as kids, and for those of you interested in reading the actual thing, here's the link-
http://ingeb.org/songs/millerof.html

1 comment:

  1. heyyy megha :D amazing to be hearing from you again!!!

    congrats about IIMK... when do you join? and how are you now... guess you were ill a while ago..

    can you give me some contact number of yours? been quite sometime since i have talked to you... and very belated but still very warm wishes :) give your husband my regards

    cheers and pax princess ;)

    ReplyDelete