Labels

poems (25) preachy shit (6)

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Thief in the Night

Its dark, alone, I steal past you.
Oh, the thrill! Dark dreams coming true.
I scare you, enthrall; come dawn, take flight -
Thieves should never court morning's sight.

Exciting! To have a thief in the house!
Beautiful, deadly, just enough to arouse.
Forbidden, desired just the same,
Never missed, once your fantasies I tame.

Who'd want a thief? No man for sure
Not one with a broken heart to cure
Nor one with a long life to bear
Why want a thief with only love to spare?

Don't even try to love me back
Don't you ever dare cut me some slack
Use me, blame me, a thief like me
Will love you still, though hurt I may be.

Ask me to leave whenever you like
To walk away, and I'll oblige
Marry, live, grow old, die, and Never!
Never again see this thief of the night.

I get the feeling this is one of my worst poems to date. Still.. The heart refuses to quiet down even when the mind cringes at the thought of publishing this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment