Labels

poems (25) preachy shit (6)

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

How to Survive

Bits and pieces of my life,
Scattered over wind and time,
Bits and bobs and shiny things,
Mingling with broken wings,
Here a person, there a man,
Scattering like grains of sand.
Take a penny, throw a dime,
Here's a story, there's a rhyme,
Keep it close or scatter it,
Pieces falling bit by bit.
Keep it in in waning light
Let it out in darkest night
When the clock strikes midnight
Insanity will win the fight,
Insanity will hold me close,
And whisper in my deepest throes.
A story I may have to tell
A story I may have to tell,
A story not of living well,
But living on and living hard,
And living through the darkest dark,
No lanterns shining over me,
But what I could make..
Save what i could see.

No comments:

Post a Comment